Spread, layer or mix fresh avocados into your favorite sandwich recipes.
From avocado sandwich wraps to the classic BLAT (Bacon Lettuce Avocado & Tomato) Sandwich, fresh avocados add flavor and fun to any sandwich.
Five Easy Ways to Use Avocados in Sandwich Recipes
- Guacamole or plain mashed avocados make one tasty spread alternative for turkey, chicken or roast beef sandwiches or wraps. They also add an extra creaminess to vegetarian sandwiches.
- Go beyond a BLT – make a BLAT, adding avocado to the classic BLT sandwich adds a whole other layer of flavor.
- Want to cut some of the fat in tuna, egg, seafood or chicken salad and still keep the creamy taste? Try using avocados in place of some other spreads; they make the salad “greener” while still maintaining the moist and delicious flavor.
- Add the wonderful nutrients in avocados to your favorite breakfast sandwich. Eggs and avocados make a great combo and you’ll get the benefits of both ingredients.
- Your open faced sandwich never looked more appetizing than with a layer of sliced and fanned out avocado on top.