These thick turkey avocado sandwich wedges are great for the lunch box or picnic basket.
- Recipe serving size:
- Number of servings:
- 3 (1 1/2 lb.) round flat sourdough bread loaves
- 2 ripe, fresh avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and divided
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- 3 (6 in. x 1 1/2 in.) roasted red pepper strips
- 1 lb. smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 3 red onion slices, thinly sliced, halved and separated into rings
- 3 (1 oz.) Pepper Jack cheese slices
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
- Cut a 4-inch circle out of the top of the bread and tear out the inside of the bread in the bottom section to make a shell.
- Mash one avocado and mix with salsa and spread over the bottom of the bread.
- Layer pepper strips, onions, half the turkey, and then the cheese inside the bread. Slice the remaining avocado and place on top of the cheese.
- Top with lettuce and remaining turkey.
- Replace the bread top and press down firmly to compress ingredients.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into wedges just before serving.
Notes & Tips:
Pressing the avocado mixture inside the roll keeps the air out, so these sandwiches can be made several hours in advance of serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids||-|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.